Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Baking making the natural way

I feel like I have nothing to write about these days. The emotional upheaval of early May is complete and my life has, for the most part, returned to a calm state. However, I am frustrated by a couple things. Mostly, by my seemingly obstinate ovaries. I don't chart my cycles by temp - mostly because I lack the discipline to stick a thermometer in my mouth at the exact same time every day. I've never been one to follow such rigid schedules so my doctor suggested that I use ovulation predictor tests (OPT's) instead. Thus, midway through my cycle I begin the pee stick extravaganza. I'm currently on day 21 of my cycle and have yet to see a positive OPT. The test line looked darker today - much darker than it had the previous days - so perhaps my ovaries are doing something.  


After being on Lupron for six months my doctor suggested that we try naturally for a couple cycles. I have to admit that I've enjoyed this nice little reprieve from being medicated, but I'm also anxious to see some results. Let's get this show on the road! This lady wants to get knocked up, pronto!


My cycles tend to be long so I'm not too worried (yet) about my late ovulation. However, if nothing happens this cycle you better believe that I'll be on the phone to my doctor's office right way. Maybe it's time to be reunited with my old friend, Clomid. Or perhaps it's time to move on to greener (a.k.a. more expensive) pastures. 


But for now we're doing this au naturale. Hopefully our little bedroom guests will give us the mojo we need to complete the deal. I'm looking for a miracle any way I can get it. 
 

1 comment: