Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

To hope or not to hope?

Things that have made me hopeful over the course of the last few days:

  • When cleaning through boxes at my parent's house my sister found my baptismal gown. It's still in beautiful condition and could be used again.
  • My youngest niece informed me that she hopes I have a kid soon because she's tired of being the youngest. 
  • My two oldest nieces sorted through my mom's jewelry. They gave me a little box with items that they thought my potential future daughter would enjoy. (I love my nieces and nephews so much. Their thoughtfulness always amazes me). 
  • My sister found this ugly little knickknack of a pregnant woman that she said was given to my mom as a gift when she was pregnant with me. (It's currently sitting next to the borrowed fertility statue on my nightstand. One can never have too many fertility charms.)
  • Last but not least.... my period is five days late.

What has brought me back to my senses:

  • I had another negative pregnancy test today. 

What still gives me hope:

  • My obsessive Google search yielded promising results - some women don't receive a positive reading until a week or two after their missed period. Dare I continue to hope? 

UPDATE:

Spotting has begun...damn it all to hell...hope is for people more lucky than I. 

3 comments:

  1. Awwww Ann, damn. That sucks. I hate the 2 ww. But all those signs are there for a reason... Your little girl is still waiting to be born. And she'll be the perfect one. You know I feel your pain. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew what a tough spot. I mean of course you let your self hope! I hope for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful reasons to hope. Even if this cycle is not the one, those reasons will be still be there - so keep that hope alive!

    ReplyDelete