Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Busy bee


Busy may as well be my middle name. I’m sorry to have been neglecting all my friends here in bloggie world, but my real life has been holding me hostage. I will probably also be very scarce for the next month since it is chock full of plans. My aunt is visiting us this week and this weekend we are all heading to Chicago for a family reunion. I’m really looking forward to this, aside from one simple fact (and I would love to get everyone’s opinion on this) – the reunion is for my mom’s side of the family but my dad will be bringing his girlfriend to the party. This strikes me as very odd since this woman is obviously not a relation and I feel like her presence is a snub towards my mom. I don’t know, maybe I’m just being overly sensitive, but it weirds me out.

After our Chicago excursion we will have less than a week to prepare for our two week vacation extravaganza - J and I are taking the Amtrak out to Oregon to visit some friends. On the way we will make a four day stop at Glacier National Park. We’ve never traveled by Amtrak before but it sounds like an adventuresome way to experience the landscape of the western U.S. I’ve flown out to Oregon twice and each time I felt very wistful as I looked out the window at the vast mountain ranges below. Now we will view them up close and personal, and we won’t be driving so we’ll really be able to savor the view.

Next week is also our seven year wedding anniversary. Hard to believe that that many years have already gone by. We’re obviously not where I thought we would be family-building wise but we’re still in love and our relationship is strong. In that regard I am a very lucky woman. 

So the moral of the story is – I’m sorry that I’ve been, and will continue to be, absent. I am reading your posts when I can but I don’t always have a chance to comment. I miss interacting with you and hope that everyone is doing well!

3 comments:

  1. Seven years - congratulations! That's wonderful.

    Your Amtrak trip sounds awesome. My parents took the Coast Starlight route a few years ago and loved it. Let me know if you need any Oregon tips - I'm quite the expert on it, y'know ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Stumbled across you on someone's blog feed.

    I looooove Chicago! Have fun. And I know I'm a total stranger but, umm, yessss that seems odd that your Dad would bring his girlfriend. What is that?

    Happy anniversary! 7 years is amazing! (Just a few days ago I hit the 6 year mark - and still childless... But you're right, lucky in SO many ways).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great trip! I loved Glacier National Park!! I have never been to Oregon but it is on my list of places I must see. Take pictures!!

    I always think Dad's girlfriends are weird. It just makes people uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete