Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

!!!!

A strange thing happened the other day and I must admit that I am still partially in shock over it. I saw it, the elusive second pink line that I have long sought. Yes, that's right - for the first time in my whole life I held a positive home pregnancy test in my nervous hands. At first I couldn't believe my eyes, but no matter how many times I blinked it was still there. 

Elation struck quickly, coupled with a torrent of happy tears. I sent a multitude of "thank you's" and "please, please, please let this stick" out into the universe. I prayed, I thanked God (and my mom) for sending me this miracle, and I cursed myself for waiting until J had left for work before taking the test. I wish he could have been there to share my joy. Instead, the dog ran circles around me as I freaked out. At least I had someone to celebrate with. (The cat didn't seem to much care about my jubilation). 

Since that day I have taken three more tests and they have also been positive. J and I are excited, scared, joyful and terrified all at once. I am only six weeks pregnant and there is no guarantee that this will result in a healthy baby. I am trying not to be anxious and trying to stay optimistic, but that's easier said than done. 

The same thoughts keeping running through my head:

This is real, this is really real!

and

Please, please, please let this result in a healthy baby. I am so ready to meet our firstborn!




3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, wow! I am thrilled for you, Ann!! You've been waiting so long for this, and I couldn't be happier that your moment has come. Please keep the updates coming so we can share in your joy ... and help ease your anxiety.

    PS: Love that the dog shared your excitement while the cat didn't - typical feline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so overjoyed for you!!! Yay yay yay!!!! Like Elizabeth said, typical feline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo Hoo! This is outstanding news! I am doing a little dance at my desk because I am so thrilled for you. Congrats and please do keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete